Every now and then a blog comes along that redefines the very nature of blogging. A blog so strong, so opinionated and so complex that you honestly question why you started reading it in the first place. This my friends, is that blog. My name is Dan Isbell and I plan on taking you on a trip that would make black tar heroine look like flintstones vitamins. But first before this transcendental madness begins, let us lay some ground rules.
1. I’m extremely sarcastic and love constructive criticism, so fire away.
2. Sometimes I over-use the comma button, if it gets a little ridiculous, I apologize, but its because I speak in long sentences, not because I’m not educated just bare with me, again, I apologize.
3. I think if you voted for Obama just because he’s black, you’re dumb.
I think if you voted for McCain because he’s white, you’re dumb.
Members of these parties need not respond to this blog.
Sorry, this is a race free zone.
4. I love music with my heart, mind, body and soul.
5. I love all types of music. Every single type. Really.
6. I love my family.
7. I’m a born again believer in Christ, not religion.
8. I love to skateboard, wakeboard and Snowboard.
9. Reid is my favorite brother and best friend.
10. My sisters are precious and very dear to me also.
11. My brother in law is tolerable.
12. JK. Nothing but love rage cage.
13. Many of the people I wish would read this never will.
14. I love my life.
15. I am blessed to have a few good friends and 2 or 3 great friends.
16. I am a songwriter, always open to ideas.
17. I love Alison Krauss.
18. I miss my grand-daddy.
19. I love to deer and turkey hunt.
20. I actually would “rather be hunting”
21. Hail State…
22. I’m a sucker for a sundress.
23. I can probably do a better toe touch than you or your sister. Booyah.
24. I don’t really like praise and worship music. Call me old fashioned.
25. I think you’re probably getting tired of reading this.
Anywho, I’m planning on using this here blog as a way to look back. You know, when I’m 30 and successful, handsome and famous. I’m planning on being a rock star and I’m sure you are too. Good luck with that. Pretty stiff competition.
Don’t cuss on responses to the things I write. They will be deleted. Guess this is actually the rules we were talking about earlier. I’m open to discussing any and everything, so if you have something in mind, hit me up.
That’s enough for now. Good day.
I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality.